Monday, September 4, 2006

We're Getting Married

Vienna and Engagement
During August Ralf and I had the chance to spend a couple days sight-seeing in Vienna, around my trip to GEMs Annual Conference. I can't explain how, but I had a sense about two weeks before that he had decided to propose, I just wasn't sure how quickly it would actually come about. I was wonderfully ignorant as we walked through the city that he was carefully evaluating every location, looking for the perfect place to pop the question. One afternoon as we sat in the Burggarten, overlooking the beautiful Palm House, Ralf took my hand, placed it on his chest where I could feel his racing heart, and asked me if I would marry him. I didn't keep him waiting long with my "yes". We are planning for a small wedding in Germany at the end of March, with a larger pre-wedding reception in California in January. We are praising God for the wonderful gift of each other!

No comments: